This resource package includes presentation files and additional resources for Dr. Jonathan Dewar’s Keynote Presentation at the Canadian Open Data Summit (CODS18) on November 8, 2018 in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Sharing of this package is made possible by ODX in partnership with Niagara Connects.
Speaker: Jonathan Dewar, PhD, is the Executive Director at the First Nations Information Governance Centre. He has been recognized as a leader in healing and reconciliation and Indigenous health and wellbeing education, policy, and research and has published extensively on these subjects, with a specialization in the role of the arts in healing and reconciliation. Jonathan is of mixed heritage, descended from Huron-Wendat, French-, and Scottish-Canadian grandparents, with an academic background in Indigenous Studies.
- First Nations Information Governance Centre
- Understanding the First Nations Principles of OCAP®: Our Road Map to Information Governance
- Fundamentals of OCAP – Online Course
- National Report of The First Nations Regional Health Survey Phase 3: Volume 1 & 2
- The National Report of the First Nations Regional Early Childhood, Education and Employment Survey
- First Nations Data Centre
- Online Data Request to First Nations Data Centre
- Indigenous Data Sovereignty: Toward an Agenda
- Placing Individual Health in Context: Report of the 2008/10RHS Community Survey