The Niagara Knowledge Exchange (NKE) is a tool to support evidence-informed planning, collective action and Niagara-wide community innovations. It is a populated by members of the Niagara-wide community in partnership with the Knowledge Brokers at Niagara Connects.
Using the NKE:
The following navigation strategies will help you find the information you are looking for:
- Filtered access to the four NKE content areas from the top of your screen including the Community Calendar, Resources & Publications, Partners & Projects, and Community Blog.
- Use of the site-wide search bar from the top-right of your screen enabling you to focus your content search.
- Filtered access to content related to Niagara Sectors listed on the right side of your screen enabling you to find events, resources, projects and blogs linked to any of the 12 Niagara Sectors identified in the Living In Niagara Report (2011).
- User generated Tags that add another dimension to the platform content using common topic words. Use the tag cloud on the right of your screen to select a topic of interest and find events, resources, projects and blogs related to that topic.
- Related Content that is promoted once you select a specific event, resource, project or blog. This helps you see other content from each of the content areas that may be of interest based your current selection.
- A sitemap providing you an at-a-glance view and access to all pages across the NKE.
Making best use of the Community Calendar: This area features community events that will accelerate change, build community capacity, facilitate collaboration, share and spread innovation and enable evidence-informed community planning.
Viewable in list or calendar format, the Community Calendar will help you to:
- Know what is going on in the Niagara region
- See the rhythm of activity in your community
- Identify and register for events of interest
- Plan your own organization and/ or network’s activities around previously scheduled events
Making best use of Resources & Publications: This area catalogues resources and publications that will support, guide and inform collaboration and decision-making in the Niagara region.
The Resources and Publications catalogue will help you to:
- Understand the current trends, issues and data related to each of the 12 Niagara Sectors
- Use this information to build business cases for future projects and work
- Identify collaborative topics that cross multiple sectors
- Consider how your work fits into the current context
Making best use of Partners & Projects: This area features projects, networks, councils and working groups in the Niagara region that are dedicated to fostering collaboration to accelerate positive change and collective impact within the Niagara region.
The Partners and Projects will help you link with others to:
- Partner on common projects
- Mobilize around common issues
- Share resources
- Explore collaborative opportunities
- Replicate successes
- Avoid duplicating what is already being done
Making best use of the Community Blog: This area features blogs written by our Niagara Connects Knowledge Brokers, as well as community partners. The Community Blog is an area for exchange within the Niagara community about new ideas, hot topics and upcoming opportunities for collaboration.
This area of the site will help you to:
- Consider how new ideas, approaches and collaborative strategies can be applied within your own practice setting
- Build capacity to better connect to and leverage the information and resources within your community
How to contribute
You are able to contribute to all four content areas of the Niagara Knowledge Exchange. Sharing content on the Niagara Knowledge Exchange will enable you to:
- Keep the community abreast of the great work you are doing
- Contribute to the knowledge base used to inform planning in the Niagara region
- Engage others in your work, strengthening your own capacity for evidence-informed decision-making
- Spread innovation and success to other organizations and sectors
To share an event, resource or project, simply click the “Submit” link located in the right-hand side navigation within each content section of this site and fill out the form. Or, since you’re here, you can do so by clicking one of the direct links below:
And, if you are interested in becoming a guest blogger, please email email@example.com