Presented by the Ontario Housing First Regional Network Community of Interest (OHFRN-CoI), this webinar will explore what’s comes after Housing First for persons with lived experience.
You will learn about:
- What’s Next? A theory on identity preservation for young adults in supportive housing;
- Integrating the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model of supported employment into Housing First; and,
- Supporting Transitions and Recovery: A look into STAR Learning Centre.
- Benjamin Henwood, Associate Professor of Social Work Department of Adult Mental Health and Wellness, University of Southern California
- Eric Latimer, Director, Mental Health and Society Research Program, Douglas Hospital Research Center
- Jeevithaa Puvirajasingam, Admin/Clerical Coordinator, STAR Learning Centre—A project of the Urban Angel Fund for Homeless People, St. Michael’s Hospital
Moderators and OHFRN-CoI co-leads:
- Tim Aubry, Professor, School of Psychology & Senior Researcher, Centre for Research on Educational and Community Services, University of Ottawa
- Geoff Nelson, Emeritus Professor of Psychology, Wilfrid Laurier University
Participants from different communities are encouraged to attend to learn and share their stories about their experiences with what’s next after Housing First for persons experiencing chronic homelessness.
This webinar is hosted by the Ontario Housing First Regional Network Community of Interest.