The Jack.org youth voice report outlines five key recommendations to promote youth mental health:
- Help young people navigate the complex mental health care system so they can receive care that meets their needs in a timely fashion.
- Deliver mental health services that meet young people’s needs by consulting young people on how to deliver mental health services and involving young people in decisions that impact their mental health.
- Protect, promote, and maintain positive mental health on campuses by: managing crisis, offering a range of mental health resources, identifying and responding to struggle early, and applying a mental health lens to all policies, programs, and practices.
- Reimagine teaching and assessment practices to alleviate mental health struggle among young people.
- Encourage better social media practices by developing evidence-based guidelines on healthy social media use for young people and creating digital environments that foster positive mental health.
Join the Centre for Innovation in Campus Mental Health for a webinar to hear more about the findings and recommendations outlined in the report.