December 11, 2018 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Concurrent Disorders Capacity Building Team
- Michael Amlung, PhD, Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences at McMaster University
- Lana Vedelago, M.Sc. Student, Neuroscience Graduate Program
Aims of the session:
- Present an overview of prevalence and proposed diagnostic criteria of problematic online gaming, internet addiction, and hyper sexuality.
- Expand on the relationships between these problematic behaviors and other issues like alcohol and substance use, impulsivity, and symptoms of mental illness.
- Present the current state of research on effective treatment strategies.
Attend the session in-person or remotely.
This session is hosted by the Concurrent Disorders Capacity Building Team.