The webinar will highlight findings of the 2017 CAMH Monitor survey, the longest ongoing study of adult mental health and substance use in Ontario. In the past year, there were significant increases in the number of adults who reported cannabis use, self-rated poor mental health, thoughts of suicide, as well as taking more frequent mental distress days.
The findings of the Monitor can help public health professionals, policy-makers, and other mental health and addictions professionals understand trends as a way to inform policy, programs and practice.
This webinar will:
- Present an overview of findings from the 2017 Monitor;
- Discuss key mental health and substance use trends among adults in Ontario;
- Provide an opportunity to pose questions to the CAMH Monitor researchers.
- Dr. Robert Mann, Senior Scientist, Institute for Mental Health Policy Research, CAMH; Associate Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto.
- Dr. Hayley Hamilton, Senior Scientist, Institute for Mental Health Policy Research, CAMH.
- Anca Ialomiteanu, Research Methods Specialist and Manager of the CAMH Monitor, Institute for Mental Health Policy Research, CAMH
- Service providers, health promotion and public health professionals, policy-makers, individuals working in community settings.
This webinar is hosted by the Evidence Exchange Network.