This program provides funding to not-for-profit organizations that focus on newcomers and ethno-cultural groups for projects that promote diversity and inclusion. This is to make it easier for newcomers and ethno-cultural communities to fully participate in all facets of life in Ontario.
Eligible projects can receive $1,000 to $8,000 each. Up to $3 million is available this year. Organizations can apply for funding for one project.
Projects must address at least one of the following priorities:
- civic engagement – facilitate community engagement, social integration and volunteerism to promote inclusion for immigrant and ethno-cultural communities
- social connections – promote social connections and employment networking, including programs that reduce barriers and increase support for vulnerable groups
- education and empowerment – promote intercultural understanding and break down barriers to participation in community life and decision-making
- women’s empowerment – support empowerment by helping women of diverse cultural backgrounds to achieve their full social and economic potential
- capacity building and partnerships – build the capacity of immigrant and multicultural organizations, and promote collaboration between service providers, to better serve newcomer and ethno-cultural communities
This grant is provided by the Ministry of Citizenship & Immigration.