Presented by: Holly Raymond, MSW, RSW, Clinical Director, Addiction and Mental Health Service
Aims of the session:
- Review the clinical formulation for alcohol and depression using the ACT hexaflex
- Review the function of alcohol use as a means of “avoidance” and the paradox of control strategies
- Practice making room for psychological triggers to substance use and barriers to value-consistent living
- Review defusion strategies and metaphors for alcohol use disorder and depression
- Understand the ACT view of addiction and how “self as context” can be impacted
Attend the session in-person or remotely.
This session is hosted by the Concurrent Disorders Capacity Building Team.