Join the Capacity Building Team for an education session devoted to opiates and opiate replacement therapy. These four sessions will be presented by Dr. Jenn Brasch of the Concurrent Disorders Outpatient Program.
Please note the locations of each session:
West 5th Campus – 100 West 5th Street, Hamilton, ON L9C 0E3
- Tuesday August 15 2 – 3 p.m. (Upper Auditorium)
- Wednesday August 16 12 – 1 p.m. (Upper Auditorium) *Pizza provided
Charlton Campus – 50 Charlton Avenue East, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 4A6
- Tuesday August 15 12 – 1 p.m. (Campbell Auditorium) *Pizza provided
- Wednesday August 16 2 – 3 p.m. (Campbell Auditorium)
These sessions are hosted by the Concurrent Disorders Capacity Building Strategy.
AUGUST SESSION TOPIC: Maximizing Your Engagement with Student Volunteers
This event is for EDs (or their designates) to learn about new and different opportunities to leverage Niagara College and Brock students through Paid and Unpaid Placements or Projects related to their studies.
Participants will learn about best practices for Maximizing Student Engagement and network with Brock and Niagara College staff who facilitate engagement opportunities.
This session is hosted by the United Way South Niagara.
You face a lot of risks running your nonprofit and on the road of life. It’s important to protect the people and things that matter most. Insurance can be complex but ONN’s Nonprofit Insurance partners at HUB International are here to explain it all and advise you on the coverage that best fits your needs, making it easy for you to secure complete protection.
During this one-hour webinar, you will learn:
- What are the risks facing nonprofits, particularly those that engage volunteers
- What insurance solutions and tools are available to mitigate those risks
- What are some common types of claims against nonprofit organizations
- How a standard Home and Auto policy isn’t always enough
- The importance of Excess Liability Insurance (Personal Umbrella Insurance)
- Group Home and Auto Insurance – how nonprofit employees can save
This webinar is hosted by the Ontario Nonprofit Network.
The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) is the tribunal responsible for making decisions on who needs refugee protection, decisions about detention, and hears immigration appeals. Refugee claimants present their cases to the IRB. Claimants with a mental illness, however, may have unique difficulties in presenting their cases to the IRB. How does the IRB process the cases of claimants who may have mental health concerns?
In this Refugee Mental Health Project webinar, Preeti Adhopia, Board Member of the Immigration & Refugee Board of Canada, discusses the IRB’s efforts to give due consideration to refugee claimants’ individual situations when it comes to mental illness. She will discuss policy guidelines as they relate to claimants with mental health concerns and accommodations used in actual cases.
This webinar is hosted by the Refugee Mental Health Project.
Opioids are commonly prescribed pharmacological intervention used to treat physical pain, and Canada is now the second highest consumer of opioids in the world.
While opioids may address physical and/or indirectly psychological pain for some people, they can also be dangerous (even when taken as prescribed), and can lead to problematic opioid use, overuse, dependence, overdose, or death.
The objectives of this three-part series are to:
- Understand the risks and harms of opioid use for different populations.
- Understand treatment options for working with different populations.
- Explore case-based examples that illustrate the unique considerations of working with different populations.
This webinar is hosted by the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO).
The Golf Marathon for Hope is 12 hours of golf or 100 holes – whatever comes first! This event will be a true test of endurance, but a whole lot of fun! Grab 3 friends and enter your foursome for a full day of golf, for a great cause.
To participate, each foursome must raise a minimum of $2,000. For more information, registration package, and pledge sheet, please visit The Hope Centre’s website.
- Welcome gifts at registration
- Kickstart breakfast
- 100 holes of golf with cart (or 12 hours)
- Refills of golf balls and tees, as needed
- Lunch on the go, and snacks/drinks provided throughout the day
- Post-round buffet dinner and awards reception
100% of net proceeds support the Hope Centre.
This fundraiser is hosted by the Hope Centre.
Join Lailey Winery for Lailey’s Endless Summer Event in beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Lailey Winery is located on the Niagara Parkway, just a hop skip and jump away from Old Town Niagara-on-the-Lake. They will be hosting some wonderful local vendors, a special tasting day in their tasting room, and a food truck!
Admission is free.
This event is hosted by Lailey Winery.