Join a webinar on the Upstream Project, a Canadian adaptation of a successful Australian initiative that works to prevent youth homelessness and improve school engagement.
In conjunction with the release of a project evaluation report, this webinar will bring together key stakeholders from the project to discuss their experiences, insights, and lessons learned.
- Elisa Traficante – Director of Community Initiatives, Raising the Roof
- Mike Lethby – Executive Director, The RAFT
- Yvonne Kelly – Community Resource Facilitator, York Region District School Board (YRDSB)
- Ann Harrison – Student Achievement Leader Instruction and Learning, District School Board of Niagara
This webinar is hosted by the Upstream Project.
The Human Rights-Based Approach to Housing Team, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation recently released a discussion paper, “A Human Rights-based Approach to Housing” (2018).
The OHFRN-CoI provided feedback that includes seven main points which will be highlighted in this webinar. Presenters will also discuss their views on the rights-based approach to housing and how it fits with the Housing First approach.
This webinar will explore how a Housing First approach fits with a human rights approach to housing.
You will learn about:
- A rights-based approach for the National Housing Strategy;
- How Housing First fits with the approach; and,
- How to get the rights-based approach into legislation.
Participants from different communities are encouraged to attend and share their stories about implementing Housing First for persons experiencing chronic homelessness.
- Kenneth Hale, Director of Legal Services, Advocacy Centre for Tenants Ontario
- Emily Paradis, Independent researcher, and instructor, Urban Studies, University of Toronto
- Bruce Porter, Executive Director of the Social Rights Advocacy Centre
- Tim Aubry, Professor, School of Psychology & Senior Researcher, Centre for Research on Educational and Community Services, University of Ottawa; and OHFRN-COI Co-lead
- Geoff Nelson, Emeritus Professor of Psychology, Wilfrid Laurier University; and OHFRN-COI Co-lead; and OHFRN-COI Co-lead
This webinar is hosted by the Ontario Housing First Regional Network Community of Interest.
Quest Community Health Centre invites you to attend their Annual General Meeting.
Panel Discussion: From Street to Home – “Building” a Solution – Innovative housing solutions to homelessness
5:30pm – 6:15pm: Reception
6:15pm – 7:00pm: AGM
7:00pm – 8:00pm: Panel Presentation
55% of Quest clients are homeless or at risk.
This event is hosted by Quest Community Health Centre.