Hiring your professional staff is one of the most important decisions you make in your role as a Director or Supervisor. Today’s hiring environment has become increasing complicated in trying to navigate how to comply with current hiring practices under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation.
When it comes to interviewing potential candidates most Directors and Supervisors would agree it is a challenge to ask the right questions to find the “right” one. Especially when you look at the potentially high costs of a poor hiring in terms of possible legal claims, turnover, and retention.
This half day interactive workshop will focus on:
- Adopting an effective performance based hiring approach
- Reviewing your hiring -practices and documentation
- Successful Interview Practices
- Understanding how the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation impacts your hiring practices
- Asking the right questions, what questions to avoid
Participants will receive the following:
- Template Hiring Policy
- Pre-interview Checklist
- Interview Documentation checklist
- Sample Interview Questions
- Job Interview Checklist
- Interview Scoring Grid
This workshop is hosted by the ECCDC.
The Non-Profit Leadership Certificate Program gives you the expertise to become a leader in your organization and your community.
The content for this specialized program is the result of a poll of over 600 non-profit professionals on their development needs. 100% of past participants have report career advancement (raise and/or promotion).
All seminars take place on the Brock University campus.
- May 9 (12-7pm)
- May 16 (4-7pm)
- May 23 (4-7pm)
- May 30 (4-7pm)
- June 6 (4-7pm)
- June 13 (4-7pm)
- June 20 (4-7pm)
- June 27 (12-7pm)
- Converting strategic thinking to actionable outcomes
- Finance for non-financial managers
- How to develop and use Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to manage your organization’s success
- Change management
- Coaching for performance
- Succession planning for organizational leaders
- The role of influence as a core leadership skill in achieving consensus
- Human resources management for non-HR managers
The program cost is $2,994 + HST. The cost to your organization could be as low as $499 + HST per participant with Canada-Ontario Jobs Grant funding. Grant application instructions can be provided.
Register before April 8th, 2018.
This program is hosted by the Centre for Innovation, Management and Enterprise Education (CIMEE) at Brock University.