Did you know that there is growing research that being active, or increasing your activity levels can decrease anxiety and depression? Statistics show an alarming increase in childhood obesity due to lack of exercise and poor diet, increasing children’s risk of diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Physical fitness, through a healthy and active lifestyle is why Strides2Wellness began.
This run/walk/roll (wheelchair) is aimed to engage the community in being active and outdoors. Choose from 1km, 5km and 10km options where you will cross the finish line earning a commemorative medal and limited edition swag that gives you bragging rights for your accomplishment. Proceeds support Pathstone Mental Health.
This event is hosted by Strides2Wellness and Pathstone Mental Health.
Connections First is a new introductory session where people can get connected to the Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region.
Persons with dementia and their partners in care learn about living well with dementia through Wellness and Healthy Brain Strategies, find out why it is important to connect with community services and get support.
Participants have opportunity to explore Normal Aging and Dementia and hear about recommended first steps.
Sessions will be held monthly. Registration is required (see contact information above).
These sessions are hosted by the Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region.
A community is only healthy when all of its members are valued, heard, involved, and engaged. Linking for Healthy Communities 2017 will explore how communities can work with EVERYONE to create communities healthy for EVERYONE.
HC Link’s conference will be a safe, open space for curiosity, self-reflection and conversation about how to work across difference to build more inclusive communities.
At this conference, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build your understanding of equity, diversity, cultural humility, inclusion and allyship.
- Ask questions, reflect and learn in a safe space for open conversation.
- Learn to work across difference with diverse groups to advance your collective efforts.
- Gain practical strategies to build inclusive communities.
- Connect and share with conference participants from many sectors and from across Ontario.
This conference is hosted by HC Link.
Each year, Health Promotion Ontario (HPO) provides a forum for students, practitioners and researchers to come together and discuss issues and ideas in and around the field of health promotion. This year’s conference will be in celebration of the 30th Anniversary of Health Promotion Ontario.
This year’s conference theme invites presentations and workshops that:
- Applying Pan-Canadian Health Promoter Competencies into action
- Identify challenges, lessons learned and potential solutions for applying Pan-Canadian Health Promoter Competencies effectively
- Provide opportunities for attendees to participate, build skills and network
This conference is hosted by Health Promotion Ontario.
The conference will revolve around four key themes related to the field of ageing, and will feature prominent experts presenting and discussing critical issues.
The title of IFA’s 14th Global Conference, “Towards a Decade of Healthy Ageing – From Evidence to Action,” is in response to the World Health Organization (WHO) Global Report on Ageing and Health and the subsequent goals of the WHO Global Strategy and Action Plan (2016).
The themes and sub-themes have been organized into four categories. Click here for more information on the conference themes.
- Toward Healthy Ageing
- Combating Ageism
- Enabling Functional Ability
- Addressing Inequalities
- Professor Goldie Nejat: Robotics and the Future of Healthy Ageing
- Dr. Andres Lozano, ground-breaking brain health research
This conference is hosted by the International Federation on Ageing.