In March 2017, HC Link hosted a webinar in which Rob Rainer, Chair of the Ontario Basic Income Network Steering Committee, provided an overview of the rationale and benefits of establishing a universal basic income, gave examples of Basic Income initiatives and discussed issues in program design. If you missed it, you can view the recording, slides, and a list of resources.
Many developments have unfolded since then, and the fledgling Basic Income movement is continuing to gain momentum in Ontario, across Canada and around the world. HC Link has asked Rob to return with a panel of experts for a follow-up discussion of the Basic Income and its ability to engage people from diverse audiences in advancing its implementation.
Join this webinar to:
- learn about recent developments in Basic Income research, policies and initiatives
- raise design and implementation issues for discussion with expert panelists
- share ideas and resources with other participants
- explore why the idea of a Basic Income is currently receiving unprecedented levels of support
- identify organizing techniques that have helped the Basic Income Networks gain momentum
This webinar is hosted by HC Link.