The theme of the 14th annual Emergent Literacy Conference is Poverty and Literacy – Bridging the Gap.
- Changing the Odds for Children at Risk: Successful Strategies that Promote Early Literacy Development (Susan B. Neuman, Professor of Childhood Education and Literacy Development, New York University)
- Early Literacy and Indigenous Populations (Hilairy Walters, Northern Literacy Catalyst Coordinator, Frontier College & Lori Huston, Post-Secondary Program Coordinator, Indigenous Early Childhood Education, Oshki-Pimache-O-Win Education and Training Institute)
- Bridges Out of Poverty (Gayle Montgomery, Process Certified Trainer, Lambton County Social Services)
- Identifying Those Most Vulnerable (Magdalena Janus, Associate Professor, Offord Centre for Child Studies & Amy Romagnoli, Data Analyst, Children’s Services, Niagara Region)
- Literacy and Prosperity (Debbie Hamilton, Linda Bell, Maria Ramos, April Shaw, Speech Services Niagara)
This conference is hosted by Speech Services Niagara.