This program provides funding to not-for-profit organizations that focus on newcomers and ethno-cultural groups for projects that promote diversity and inclusion. This is to make it easier for newcomers and ethno-cultural communities to fully participate in all facets of life in Ontario.
Eligible projects can receive $1,000 to $8,000 each. Up to $3 million is available this year. Organizations can apply for funding for one project.
Projects must address at least one of the following priorities:
- civic engagement – facilitate community engagement, social integration and volunteerism to promote inclusion for immigrant and ethno-cultural communities
- social connections – promote social connections and employment networking, including programs that reduce barriers and increase support for vulnerable groups
- education and empowerment – promote intercultural understanding and break down barriers to participation in community life and decision-making
- women’s empowerment – support empowerment by helping women of diverse cultural backgrounds to achieve their full social and economic potential
- capacity building and partnerships – build the capacity of immigrant and multicultural organizations, and promote collaboration between service providers, to better serve newcomer and ethno-cultural communities
This grant is provided by the Ministry of Citizenship & Immigration.
The Niagara Funders’ Alliance is a partnership of private, public and corporate sector funders who work collaboratively for the well-being of the community by sharing knowledge and information related to community resources, needs, priorities and trends.
You are invited to sector-specific Funders’ Round Table Sessions.
These sessions will be hosted by multiple funders and will provide you information regarding their funding priorities, how to apply, etc. Please register for each session you wish to attend.
For a full list of funders that will be present at each session, please click “Register”.
Monday, January 29th, 2018
- Social Services Sector (10am – 12pm)
- Arts & Culture (1:30pm – 3:30pm)
- Sports & Recreation (6pm – 8pm)
Tuesday, January 30th, 2018
- Environmental Sector (10am – 12pm)
- Grant Writing Workshop (1:30pm – 3:30pm)
Parking in the Casino parking garage is complimentary from Niagara Casinos.
These sessions are hosted by the Niagara Funders’ Alliance.
As a progressive leader in your NFP, you are looking to make an impact for your organization. At the forum you will learn to embrace and harness the power of change to become stronger in the face of social, political and digital disruption. This year, CPA Canada has specifically tailored content for both charitable and not-for-profit organizations to speak to your unique needs as an organization. They will also provide updates in technical areas such as accounting standards, taxation and legal compliance to round off your skills as a senior leader.
Don’t miss Canada’s premier national not-for-profit event.
Can’t make it to Toronto? Attend the forum virtually from your desktop or tablet. Save $100 off registration and cut travel costs, without diminishing your access to expertise.
- navigating and embracing change
- key updates from the Accounting Standards Board
- compliance and tax updates
- harnessing the power of emerging technology and data
- presenting financial information to your board
- social enterprise
- succession planning
This event is hosted by CPA Canada.
Are you a board member or nonprofit leader who is mystified when presented with your organization’s financial statements? This upcoming free webinar can help!
For board members, executives and directors of small to mid-size nonprofit organizations and charities, a solid understanding of the organization’s financial statements is vital to successfully planning for the future, building capacity and preventing fraud. But many nonprofit leaders without a background in nonprofit finance may feel at a loss when it comes to reviewing their organization’s financial reports.
This free webinar, presented by Gordon Holley of Humanity Financial Management, will help you gain an introductory understanding of how to better understand your organization’s financial statements.
This webinar is hosted by Charity Village.