This one hour webinar explores three available online health data sharing websites:
- Public Health Ontario Snapshots
- Public Health Ontario Social Determinants of Health Mapper
- Niagara Region Public Health & Emergency Services Niagara’s Village of 100
Improving the health of everyone in the Niagara community requires collaboration between public health and community partners. Access to community demographics as well as behavioural and health outcome data is important for better understanding the needs of the Niagara community.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Better understand priority populations in the Niagara community
- Inform programs and services that address the community’s needs
- Support funding proposals
This webinar is hosted by Niagara Region Public Health.
Niagara Connects is pleased to invite you to save the date to attend the 5th annual Canadian Open Data Summit (CODS), which will be held in Niagara Falls! The Summit is THE annual event bringing together open data leaders from across Canada, to share best practices and local experiences, learn from top international experts, and grow the community strategically and collaboratively.
Annually, the Canadian Open Data Summit draws a diverse range of individuals from:
- Private Sector
- Technology/Startup Community (including Civic Tech)
GREATER THAN THE SUM – A CELEBRATION OF COLLABORATION
2018 SUMMIT STREAMS INCLUDE:
- Easing Collaboration: Standards, Precedents, Mutuality
- Effective Collaboration: Impactful, Fruitful, Authentic
- Excellent Collaboration: Innovating, Trend-Setting, Thought-Provoking
Registration and event information coming soon!
Spend the day with industry experts and learn the basics of data analytics and data visualization at one of the workshops. Workshops will include introductions to Excel, R, and Tableau.
Anybody can attend the Datathon. You don’t need any prior experience with programming or data analytics.
You will have the opportunity to learn concepts from the ground up, and those with experience will be able to further develop their skills.
Datathon 2018 is scheduled to follow the Canadian Open Data Summit (CODS) 2018, which is being held in Niagara Falls on November 7 to 9.