The Niagara Funders’ Alliance is a partnership of private, public and corporate sector funders who work collaboratively for the well-being of the community by sharing knowledge and information related to community resources, needs, priorities and trends.
You are invited to sector-specific Funders’ Round Table Sessions.
These sessions will be hosted by multiple funders and will provide you information regarding their funding priorities, how to apply, etc. Please register for each session you wish to attend.
For a full list of funders that will be present at each session, please click “Register”.
Monday, January 29th, 2018
- Social Services Sector (10am – 12pm)
- Arts & Culture (1:30pm – 3:30pm)
- Sports & Recreation (6pm – 8pm)
Tuesday, January 30th, 2018
- Environmental Sector (10am – 12pm)
- Grant Writing Workshop (1:30pm – 3:30pm)
Parking in the Casino parking garage is complimentary from Niagara Casinos.
These sessions are hosted by the Niagara Funders’ Alliance.
A day-long program of workshops, information tables and performances exploring local and global issues of social justice.
Workshops are organized by community groups, activists and graduate students. Topics include:
- Workers’ Rights
- What the Fish?: An In-Depth Look Into Our Global Fish Crisis
- Activist-ing in Niagara
- Wages and Work – Niagara Poverty Reduction Network
- Humane Jobs: Linking Human & Animal Well-Being in Niagara
- Activism Through Silence
- Palestine/Israel: From Zionism to BDS: Challenging the Rhetoric; Dispelling the Myths
- Let’s Make Multinationals Work for Everybody
- Gender Sexuality and Disability Forum
- Cultural Sensitivity and Inclusion
- Applying Social Justice on Campus: A Panel Discussion
Free childcare is provided and lunch served at the Marilyn Walker School, downtown St. Catharines. Registration required.
This event is hosted by the MA in Social Justice and Equity Studies at Brock University.