When approaching politicians with your issues, you will be competing for attention with many other stakeholder groups. To help politicians understand your issues, your message will need to be clear, crisp and concise.
In this Five Good Ideas session, Jamie Watt, Executive Chairman of Navigator Ltd., will present his five good ideas on how to get your message heard – and acted on.
This event is hosted by Maytree.
It’s 2018 and some of the amendments in Bill 148 (Fair Jobs and Better Workplaces Act) are now in effect. Is your nonprofit ready to meet the new employment and workplace legislation requirements? Are you unsure what aspects apply to your organization and when they need to be met?
In this free webinar, you will:
- Learn which aspects of Bill 148 came into effect on January 1, 2018
- Better understand your responsibilities as employers to keep up with the new employment standards
- Discover what else comes into to effect on or after April 1, 2018 that nonprofits should be prepared for
Who should attend: Executive Directors, board members, management and employees of Ontario nonprofits with paid staff.
This webinar is hosted by the Ontario Nonprofit Network.
2018 State Of The City St. Catharines
Starring Mayor Walter Sendzik And A Cast Of 133,000 Citizens
- Supporting Business For 2018 & Beyond
- 2018 Team Stc Award Recipients To Be Announced
- We Are On The Right Track
- Experience The Story Of Our Home, St. Catharines
This event is hosted by the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce.
This program celebrates and showcases Ontario communities that are taking steps to becoming age-friendly by creating policies, programs and services that support seniors.
Awards are available in two categories to recognize the efforts and achievements of communities engaged in age-friendly initiatives, highlight promising practices and encourage knowledge exchange.
You can submit a nomination if you represent a local government or a community organization that can demonstrate its local government’s support.
This grant is administered by the Government of Ontario.
In March 2017, HC Link hosted a webinar in which Rob Rainer, Chair of the Ontario Basic Income Network Steering Committee, provided an overview of the rationale and benefits of establishing a universal basic income, gave examples of Basic Income initiatives and discussed issues in program design. If you missed it, you can view the recording, slides, and a list of resources.
Many developments have unfolded since then, and the fledgling Basic Income movement is continuing to gain momentum in Ontario, across Canada and around the world. HC Link has asked Rob to return with a panel of experts for a follow-up discussion of the Basic Income and its ability to engage people from diverse audiences in advancing its implementation.
Join this webinar to:
- learn about recent developments in Basic Income research, policies and initiatives
- raise design and implementation issues for discussion with expert panelists
- share ideas and resources with other participants
- explore why the idea of a Basic Income is currently receiving unprecedented levels of support
- identify organizing techniques that have helped the Basic Income Networks gain momentum
This webinar is hosted by HC Link.