Keynote addresses provided by:
- Paul Young, OALA, Consultant; HC Link, and
- Pierre Chauvin, Partner, MHBC Planning
- Planning for Wellness: How Gardens Facilitate Healing by Thomas Dean
- CMHA’s Owen Sound Food Forest by Teresa Pearson
- Butterfly Gardens of Saugeen Shores: Creating Healthy Communities by Kerry Jarvis
- Harrison Park, City of Owen Sound, Walking Tour by Adam Parsons
- To highlight the importance of public spaces in healthy community design
- To support OPPI’s Call to Action – Planning for the Public Realm
- To hear about successful design strategies from local communities
- To identify both the health and economic benefits of well designed public spaces
- To facilitate a discussion how public spaces can meet the needs of our population
This workshop is hosted by the Ontario Professional Planners Institute.
A community is only healthy when all of its members are valued, heard, involved, and engaged. Linking for Healthy Communities 2017 will explore how communities can work with EVERYONE to create communities healthy for EVERYONE.
HC Link’s conference will be a safe, open space for curiosity, self-reflection and conversation about how to work across difference to build more inclusive communities.
At this conference, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build your understanding of equity, diversity, cultural humility, inclusion and allyship.
- Ask questions, reflect and learn in a safe space for open conversation.
- Learn to work across difference with diverse groups to advance your collective efforts.
- Gain practical strategies to build inclusive communities.
- Connect and share with conference participants from many sectors and from across Ontario.
This conference is hosted by HC Link.