A day-long program of workshops, information tables and performances exploring local and global issues of social justice.
Workshops are organized by community groups, activists and graduate students. Topics include:
- Workers’ Rights
- What the Fish?: An In-Depth Look Into Our Global Fish Crisis
- Activist-ing in Niagara
- Wages and Work – Niagara Poverty Reduction Network
- Humane Jobs: Linking Human & Animal Well-Being in Niagara
- Activism Through Silence
- Palestine/Israel: From Zionism to BDS: Challenging the Rhetoric; Dispelling the Myths
- Let’s Make Multinationals Work for Everybody
- Gender Sexuality and Disability Forum
- Cultural Sensitivity and Inclusion
- Applying Social Justice on Campus: A Panel Discussion
Free childcare is provided and lunch served at the Marilyn Walker School, downtown St. Catharines. Registration required.
This event is hosted by the MA in Social Justice and Equity Studies at Brock University.