Niagara Connects is pleased to invite you to save the date to attend the 5th annual Canadian Open Data Summit (CODS), which will be held in Niagara Falls! The Summit is THE annual event bringing together open data leaders from across Canada, to share best practices and local experiences, learn from top international experts, and grow the community strategically and collaboratively.
Opening Keynote Speaker Hillary Hartley, Chief Digital Officer and Deputy Minister of Government and Consumer Services, will focus on making it easier for people and business to interact and engage with their government through the power of digital technologies.
Confirmed panel topics include:
- Digital Rights
- Surprising Allies: the Open Secret of Big Business & Open Data (with participation from Dun & Bradstreet, The Weather Channel, Teranet, Thomson Reuters)
- Community Open Data Portals
- Open projects (open data, software, code, standards & project management tools)
- Visualizations Driving Decisions – Part One
- Open Data doesn’t mean Open Government or even Open Data
- Capitalizing on Emerging Open Data Opportunities
- Visualizations Driving Decisions – Part Two
- Building a Pan-Canadian Framework on Open Government through intergovernmental collaboration
Annually, the Canadian Open Data Summit draws a diverse range of individuals from:
- Private Sector
- Technology/Startup Community (including Civic Tech)
GREATER THAN THE SUM – A CELEBRATION OF COLLABORATION
2018 SUMMIT STREAMS INCLUDE:
- Easing Collaboration: Standards, Precedents, Mutuality
- Effective Collaboration: Impactful, Fruitful, Authentic
- Excellent Collaboration: Innovating, Trend-Setting, Thought-Provoking
Spend the day with industry experts and learn the basics of data analytics and data visualization at one of the workshops. Workshops will include introductions to Excel, R, and Tableau.
Anybody can attend the Datathon. You don’t need any prior experience with programming or data analytics.
You will have the opportunity to learn concepts from the ground up, and those with experience will be able to further develop their skills.
Datathon 2018 is scheduled to follow the Canadian Open Data Summit (CODS) 2018, which is being held in Niagara Falls on November 7 to 9.