Niagara Research and Planning Council (operating as Niagara Connects) is seeking new Board Members. Niagara Connects is a Niagara-wide network for collaboration, planning, learning, innovation and community action toward a stronger future for Niagara.
Mission: “Generating knowledge that drives community action”.
- Community strengths, research, and evidence are linked in order to plan for a stronger Niagara
- Different interests are engaged to work together mobilizing for change; and
- Research and activities are guided by communities.
Applicants should be prepared to:
- Actively engage in supporting Niagara Connects’ mission and mandate within the community of Niagara
- Have some flexibility to attend Board and committee meetings during business hours
- Attend regularly-scheduled meetings of the Board
- Work diligently to complete Board-related activities and projects
- Participate on committees of the Board as appropriate
Click here for more information about Niagara Connects, application guidelines, and submission instructions.
Women’s Place invites you to “Brunch, Bid and Bowl” as you bring together friends, colleagues and family members in support of domestic violence shelters in South Niagara.
Whether you form a team of 6-8 bowlers so you can join us for the day or buy a ticket to “brunch and bid”, you will be supporting women and children who use the services of Niagara Falls (Nova House) and Welland (Serenity Place).
There is no registration fee for teams who raise a minimum of $800. Unable to bowl, but still want to join in on the fun? You can also buy a ticket for the “Brunch & Bid” part of the day’s events!
Times and Locations:
11 a.m. – “Brunch and Bid” at Club Italia (2525 Montrose Rd, Niagara Falls)
Join us for a hot brunch, and get ready to bid on some amazing live and silent auction items. “The Auctionista” will be back, eager to ramp up the excitement about our auctions and the cause you are supporting!
2:30 p.m. – Bowling at Cataract Bowl (7906 Lundy’s Lane, Niagara Falls)
Head off to the lanes with your team to celebrate your amazing fundraising and show your skills on the lanes! As always, there will be a prize for the team that averages the highest score!
This event is hosted by Women’s Place of South Niagara.