Oasis is a grass-roots developed program for seniors operating out of a privately owned and operated apartment building in central Kingston.
Since its inception in 2008, Oasis has rested on the philosophy that the seniors who choose to become members of Oasis have an integral role to play in determining their own programming. Oasis focuses on the social determinants of health common to all seniors, including social inclusion, physical activity, good nutrition and enhanced health and social service navigation.
Recently, Oasis has gained province-wide recognition as a successful alternative housing model for older adults who often cannot afford private residential care.
In this webinar, the presenter will:
- Review the Oasis structure and core partnerships necessary to keep it true to its mandate
- Describe upcoming research projects, conducted in partnership with faculty of the Queen’s School of Rehabilitation Therapy and focused on the expansion and evaluation of Oasis.
This webinar is hosted by the Ontario Age-Friendly Communities Outreach Program.
Niagara Connects is pleased to invite you to save the date to attend the 5th annual Canadian Open Data Summit (CODS), which will be held in Niagara Falls! The Summit is THE annual event bringing together open data leaders from across Canada, to share best practices and local experiences, learn from top international experts, and grow the community strategically and collaboratively.
Annually, the Canadian Open Data Summit draws a diverse range of individuals from:
- Private Sector
- Technology/Startup Community (including Civic Tech)
GREATER THAN THE SUM – A CELEBRATION OF COLLABORATION
2018 SUMMIT STREAMS INCLUDE:
- Easing Collaboration: Standards, Precedents, Mutuality
- Effective Collaboration: Impactful, Fruitful, Authentic
- Excellent Collaboration: Innovating, Trend-Setting, Thought-Provoking
Registration and event information coming soon!